1/8/11

TOG Year 4 Week 19

Wow!  What a hard week this was!  One of my princesses was just not ready to be done with Christmas break, apparently.  She finally finished her work today, Saturday.

Princess E - 6th Grade - Dialectic
Latin for Children Primer A: Lesson 22
Math-U-See Delta: Finish lesson 28 and begin lesson 29
IEW: We finished lesson 7 and did a KWO for lesson 8. 
Foundations 1:  Week off
MCT Language Arts:  Read Sentence Island pgs 227-256.  We also completed a writing exercise.  Practice Island week off.
McCrabbs: Week off.
Science:  Our Planet Earth.  Lessons five.
TOG Yr4 Wk19: Timeline; SAPs; AQ/TQs; Reading - The Gift of Music; Jacob DeShazer: Forgive Your Enemies; Ghandi, Great Soul; Homeless Bird.  Read Aloud - The Story of the World, Volume 4; So Far From the Bamboo Grove.

Princess S - 4th Grade - UG
Growing With Grammar 4: Week off
Math-U-See Gamma: Finish Lesson 27 and begin lesson 28
IEW, MCT Language Arts, McCrabbs and Science: same as above
TOG Yr4 Wk19: Quizlet vocab; important people; SAPs; Reading - India: The People; Ida Scudder: Healing Bodies, Touching Hearts; The House of Sixty Feathers.  Read Aloud - same as above.

Princess L - K - LG
Speech Therapy:  This princess has been doing speech therapy for about four months.  When we began, she had problems saying -ING and -ONG words, as well as R and L sounds at the beginning and ends of words.  At this point the only remaining issue (besides S and SH sounds with two missing front teeth) is really the R.  But I'm thinking that I will end these, because really, if we lived on the NE coast she would fit right in.  It's only because we are midwesterners that it is considered a speech issue. 
MFW First Grade: Lessons 17-22. 
Math-U-See Primer:  Week off.

Princess M - PreTOGger
I've been thinking about what I to do with this little princess for next year.  Right now I am thinking that I will do MFW K at half pace, and mix in with it the Letter of the Week curriculum.  Instead of starting her on Math-U-See Primer, I think I will just do the math activities in these two curriculums. 

I cannot believe that our year is half over.  I am beginning my planning for next year.  We will continue with most of our curriculum.  So it's mostly a matter of price comparison and seeing what I can find used.  But I like to have figured out what will be needed before our homeschool convention rolls around in April.  So I have to work on it now.  I spent part of our two week break working on skeleton plans for TOG Year 1 for HST+.  Basically, skeleton plans do not include anything that is considered copyrighted information.  So there is still some work involved for anyone that wants to use them.  If you are on the TOG Year One Yahoo group they are posted there.

No comments: