1/28/11

She's How Old?

Yesterday, Princess L brought me a picture that she drew.  It had two females holding hands.  She told me it was her and Nanny (my mom.)  She had written her name and "5" after it - obviously her age.  Next to the other picture she had written "Nany 2010".  I asked her what the 2010 was and she said that was how old Nanny was.  I asked her why she thought that and she said, "Because when Nanny was here last time she drew a picture and wrote 2010 at the bottom.  So that tells me how old she was when she drew the picture."  After a good laugh, I explained that it was the year that she drew the picture in and we corrected it in her picture.

Also, this morning Princess M insisted, for the second day in a row, on wearing a dress.  Usually dresses are reserved for Sundays around here.  So I asked her why she wanted to wear dresses all of a sudden.  I fully expected to hear something along the lines of, "Because (Princess L) wears them."  But instead she said, "Jesus wears dresses.  But, his dresses are too big."  Well - she does have a point.