4/29/11

TOG Year 4 Week 33

This week we learned about the eight years of life during Clinton's presidency.  One thing that I noticed is that, although I read through the teacher's notes that TOG provides, I really didn't have any "I didn't know that" moments like I have in the past.  Perhaps that is because these were the years that I really started paying attention to what was going on in the world and made a serious attempt to understand it.  These were the years when I graduated from college, looked for my first full time job, worked a full time job (and a part time job), lived completely at my own expense for the first time, got married and had my first child.  All the while, I began to realize that the sheltered little world I had created for myself really didn't exist.   So, I was forced to grow up, become an adult, and decide once and for all if the things my parents, schooling, church and personal faith taught me were true.  Amazing that the things I learned from my parents and from the Bible have been the thing that were true and have served me the best.  (I know you always said it would be true, Mom.  You were right!)

Princess E - 6th Grade - Dialectic
Latin for Children Primer A: Finishing lesson 32 - just the last page of the book.
Math-U-See Epsilon: Working on lesson 8 - this is adding more than one set of fractions - and she's had a time with it.  We've done the first three worksheets, but I'm not satisfied that she knows yet what she's doing.  She knows the right steps, but is either being very careless, or just working too fast. 
IEW:  We are going to take a break from this to finish our TOG studies, then take the last two weeks of May to finish our IEW, MCT and science.
Foundations 1:  Finish IN-
MCT Language Arts: See IEW above
Practice Island: Sentence 81-85
McCrabbs: We have now finished book A.  We will not start book B until next fall.
Science:  See IEW above
TOG Yr4 Wk33: Timeline; SAPs; AQ/TQs; Reading - The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe; Homeland: The Illustrated History of Israel; Idiot's Guide; Joni: An Unforgettable Story; Understanding Jewish Holidays and Customs. Read Aloud - none.

Princess S - 4th Grade - UG
Growing With Grammar 4: Chapter 7.11-8.1
Math-U-See Delta: Finish lesson 7
IEW, MCT Language Arts, McCrabbs and Science: same as above
TOG Yr4 Wk32: Quizlet vocab; important people; SAPs; Reading - All the People; Countries of the Middle East; The 19902: From the Persian Gulf to Y2K; The Indian in the Cupboard. Read Aloud - same as above.


Princess L - K - LG
MFW First Grade: Lessons 98-102.
Math-U-See Alpha: Continue lesson 7 +2  - We added in the online drill at Math-U-See.  The other thing we are going to start is Calculadder.  I forgot I had a CD with the first three books on it.  So far, she has just done the first level which is writing the numbers 0-9 ten times each, correctly, in under two minutes. 
Explode the Code Book Two: Lesson 8

Princess M - PreTOGger
This little one is so excited to become a Cubbie next year.  We have one week of Awana yet, and her big sisters are telling her that she can consider herself a Cubbie after the closing ceremonies.  And of course, they are practicing being a Cubbie with her.  She is going to show up in September on the first day knowing the song, the key verse and the verses for the brochure.

No comments: