4/24/11

I Know That My Redeemer Lives

It's Easter!  The grave is empty!  His work is done!

And our work is to let everyone know.

Matthew 28: 19-20
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

I am comforted by the last words.  There are days, when I look at the direction of our country, and of the world as a whole, when I feel despairBut then I remember His promise, and remember that the end of the book is already written.  I have no reason to despair because my redeemer lives!  The grave is empty - the stone has been rolled away - and I am free at last.


May our Savior, Jesus Christ, give you the assurance of His grace and mercy on this blessed Easter morning.  May He wash you clean in His blood.  May He give you true freedom.

No comments: