10/21/10

TOG Year 4 Week 10

Our one week off flew by.  And I don't know that we got anything I wanted to get done accomplished.  We did get pictures taken of Princess E and Princess M.  I did read the Tracie Peterson book (it was awesome) and also the new Karen Kingsbury book Unlocked (which was awesome as well) - so I was productive in that respect.  But now we've finished Week 10, so it's time for another update.

Princess E - 6th Grade - Dialectic
Latin for Children Primer A: Lesson 18
Math-U-See Delta: Test 24 - begin lesson 25.
IEW: We didn't get one of these in this week.  More on why later.
Foundations 1:  Work on suffix -ER.
MCT Language Arts:  Lesson three - We also worked some more on 4 level analysis.  We will be starting the Practice Island book next week.  My plan is to assign these individually, but go through them together during our group time.
Spelling: We did not get a spelling bee in this week.
Science:  We did not get a science lesson in this week
TOG Yr4 Wk10: Timeline; SAPs; AQ/TQs; Reading - Gladys Aylward, Idiot's Guide, Our Town.

Princess S - 4th Grade - UG
Growing With Grammar 4: Chapter 2.9 to 2.11
Math-U-See Gamma: Work on lesson 24.  For some reason, Princess S thinks that it's easier to think when she does her problems on the whiteboard.  But then, she erases her work, and I have nothing to look at to see where her mistakes are being made.  So I'll be printing out some worksheets for more practice, because she's just getting too many wrong.
IEW, Spelling and Science: same as above
TOG Yr4 Wk10: Quizlet vocab; important people; SAPs; Reading - War, Peace and All That Jazz, Gladys Aylward, .  Alexander Fleming, Mary Poppins.

Princess L - K - LG
Winter Promise Advanced K: Handwriting practice; Explode the Code - pgs 48-54; Reading - Wet Legs; word family -et and -ed.
Math-U-See Primer: Continue work on lesson 23.  I've decided not to push the tally marks.  We'll be reviewing them again in Alpha, so I'll just wait to tackle it until then.
Awana Sparks verses: She earned the first green jewel and second red jewel. 

Princess M - PreTOGger
Practice being a princess, dancing, taking care of her "sick" dolly, watching Little Einsteins, coloring pictures. 

So what was I working on that kept us from doing IEW, Spelling and Science?  I've been working on a game for our co-op meeting next Tuesday.  We are studying the Great Depression.  Not exactly a "fun" subject, and our group seems to need fun or they get a bit wild. So I spent some time combing the internet, but just didn't find what I wanted.  I know how much fun my girls have with our Oregon Trail game, and thought that some kind of role playing game would be fun.  So I got this vision of a game, somewhat like Life, using situations that would have been common during the depression.  I spent two and a half days trying to create the game board, the various draw cards, and the rules.  Now I'm really excited to have them play the game.  I'm thinking that I could perhaps come up with some other cards to change the game to a different time frame.  Here's a sneak peek.  
Life in the Depression 1                                                                   
Life in the Depression 2                                                                   
 Click above to go to my Scribd account if you want to see all the files.

No comments: