2/16/10

TOG Y2 W24

This week has flown by as well. My grandmother must blink and see a year gone. We are changing up the schedule soon due to a visit by Nanny. I decided rather than try to do school while she was here, to use that week as the first of our spring break. We will have two more weeks of break that will coordinate with the school schedule we are following - one that several of their friends attend.

Princess E

Latin: Lesson 12.1, Exercise 11.6 to 12.1 , Word Power F3 and F4
Math-U-See: Start Lesson 14
Literature: Blackthorn Winter
TOG: vocab, important people copywork, geography study
Reading: The Awakening of Europe (excerpts), Exploration and Conquest (excerpts), Making Thirteen Colonies, Freedom Seeker
Read Aloud: The Story of the World 3 (excerpts), Colonial Living (excerpts)

Princess S
Growing with Grammar: 3.12 to 3.14
Math-U-See: begin Lesson 15
Literature: The Courage of Sarah Noble
TOG: same as above
Reading: William Penn, The New Americans (excerpts)
Read Aloud: same as above

Princess L
MFW Kindy: finish Lesson 10 /w/ is for water
Math-U-See: Primer finish lesson 14
I have decided to step up the pace on this. I find that I am really only using the LA portion of this. I don't use the math at all, and only use a few of the science things - really the art type projects. I want her to finish this by the end of the year, so I will do two lessons per week. Really, this is mostly a review for her. She has done very well so far blending the three letters into the words. So now I begin my research for next year as I have three different programs in mind.


Princess M
Potty Training Boot Camp - I am so close to calling her graduated. 4 nights out of 5 her pull-up is dry in the morning. She has started to use the potty at church and at a store. The only problem yet is that she will not go for anyone other than myself, Dad, or her older sisters. Until that happens, she will be a graduate-in-waiting.

No comments: