2/6/10

TOG Y2 W23

Wow! Was this a fast week. I was realizing today that we only have 13 weeks left of our school year. Thirteen weeks! I spent the last couple of days putting together an American Presidents and First Ladies book for the girls. They will use it for the next nine units as we keep track of these important people. I will post some photos of them when I have them spiral bound.

Princess E

Latin: Lesson 11.3 to 11.4, Exercise 11.2 to 11.5, Word Power F2
Math-U-See: Lesson 13
Literature: Blackthorn Winter
TOG: vocab, important people copywork, geography study
Reading: The Awakening of Europe (excerpts), Exploration and Conquest (excerpts), Making Thirteen Colonies, Roger Williams
Read Aloud: The Story of the World 3 (excerpts), Colonial Living (excerpts)

Princess S
Growing with Grammar: 3.9 to 3.11
Math-U-See: flashcards and timed drills
Literature: nothing this week
TOG: same as above
Reading: Life in New Amsterdam, The New Americans (excerpts)
Read Aloud: same as above

Princess L
MFW Kindy: Lesson 10 /w/ is for water
Math-U-See: Primer finish lesson 13

Princess M
Potty Training Boot Camp - Well, we're going to have to change up the game. Yesterday, she made the connection between going potty and getting a treat. So she went in to the bathroom every half hour or less. And wanted a treat each time. So I guess I'll have to work up some kind of sticker chart and reward for staying dry now instead of going potty.

1 comment:

Lepidoptera said...

I came hoping to hear your songs, but my somewhat low connection is not cooperating today. I note; however, that you are a little ahead of us in TOG Y2. We are in Wk 21 or 22 of LG ("Finding Providence", etc.). Enjoy your studies of early American history. We are certainly learning a lot and enjoying ours!