1/25/09

TOG Y1r U3 W20

This week should be an interesting one as we add in the second of our new adventures this semester. Our church is starting a new homeschool co-op which will meet every other Friday. We've met once already, and this Friday will be our second meeting. But, we are also meeting on Monday at an ice rink for a skating field trip. This will mean that the Princesses need to work a little harder to get their work done in time.

We will all be reading 1 Kings 12-22 and 2 Kings 1-10 for our Bible.

Princess E
Math Drills - it's very obvious to me that this Princess has been simply fast counting in her head. She has done well grade wise, but doesn't really know her facts. So, we're going to camp out here a while. I've given her some suggestions to help her move faster on this, but she doesn't usually like to follow my suggestions.
Growing With Grammar - 4.5 to 4.8
Writing - we'll be working on learning the format of a newspaper article, the 5 Ws, and using a graphic organizer I found here. We'll write an article, not for our unit newspaper but for practice, on our favorite animal.
Activities - This princess will research leprosy, and must use several examples in the Bible in a short oral report.

Princess S
Math U See Beta - This Princess surprised me by doing excellent on borrowing. She seems to understand it pretty well. So after doing the Unit 3 review test we will go on to lesson 23.
Growing With Grammar - lessons 11-20 (Remember we are reviewing first grade stuff here so don't think I'm a slave driver. These are very easy for her, but I've discovered she benefits from frequent review in this subject.)
Activities - This princess will research ravens, and must use examples from the Bible in a short oral report.
Writing is the same as above.

Princess L
We started the 100 Easy Lessons book and went through lesson 5 last week. Really, she already knows all the letter sounds, so this is more to get her used to the idea of saying things slow to sound them out, but then repeating them quickly so as to actually hear the word. After lesson 8 I will probably take out the set of Bob Books I have and see if she can handle book one. This was the first book each of the other princesses read and they took such pride in reading it to their younger sibling and for Dad.

Princess M
This little gal is growing like a weed. She said two new words this week - uh oh and nigh night (night night). She climbs everything - no lie - so I'm thankful we no longer have a bunkbed in the house. I can see that the two nap thing will have to be transitioned out soon as our schedule is filling up, but my hope is that her afternoon naps will be longer as a trade out. Princess L is looking forward to not being required to sleep during her nap time (although she only does maybe twice a week anymore any way) when she turns 4. We will then switch to calling it room time, and I will probably try to get a small timer for her to see when she can actually come out (so that she stops knocking on her door every three minutes to ask if it's time yet!)

Blessings.

2 comments:

Brenda @ Tie That Binds Us said...

I wanted to invite you to join our group - ourlifestyleoflearning.ning.com. It is a new homeschooling community for emcouragement ideas and sharing. Brenda

Blessed Mommy said...

Hey! You know....the reason that your sidebar hasn't updated is because I had the blog on private...for my assigned readers only. I just took that off today and put it back out there as public. I am going to watch and see if I get any hits from anywhere near the "family" that caused us trouble...if not I will leave it open. Sorry!! Thanks for stopping by! I am about to blog again today. See you! Enjoy the snow! Hee Hee Maybe you should come visit me here in NC???