1/18/09

Starting Second Quarter

So, I was sitting mighty pretty for second quarter. I had finished entering all assignments for the rest of the year just before Christmas and was able to enjoy most of our break. We're set to start tomorrow. Friday, I decided to upgrade HST. Went through all the steps, opened up the upgrade and it was fine, decided to delete the shortcut for the other one. But, I wasn't paying close attention and deleted the wrong file. I lost EVERYTHING! Not only all the stuff from first semester - assignments and grades and such, but all my assignments for second semester too. So, I've spent the last several nights frantically putting in all the new assignments and typing in previous math assignments so as to keep the grade up on that. I am done with all the third quarter stuff and will enter the fourth quarter stuff over the next few weeks. I learned the hard lesson of always back up your files on an external drive. Won't be making that mistake again!

Blessings.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Goodness! This is painful just to read!! Are you talking about Homeschool Tracker? I do and I know how much time it takes to get everything entered so that it's useful during the term.
I hope you were able to get your data back up!
Andrea