10/4/08

Two Week Break

Well, we've officially finished our first unit. We will take a 2 week break from our schooling. The two older princesses will be expected to do one extra section in their Awana books each week, and will be assigned an extra song in their piano lessons. I plan to try to catch up with Princess L in her school. We've been working on an alphabet lapbook, as well as a notebook with her Letter of the Week stuff. But, we've been unable to work on them this past week as we had a glue stick mishap the week before and I kept forgetting to buy some new ones. So we'll get that up to date this week. I hope to be able to have one kid swap play day with their friends who are also on a two week break from the charter school they attend. And, if we can swing it, I hope to make it to the zoo one day as well.

The princesses worked most of the weekend on a deep clean of their bedrooms. Their toy boxes still need to be gone through, but their rooms look a lot better. Princess L needs help with this, however, and we hope to get hers done this week as well. I plan to finish planning out unit two and getting supplies for hands on activities.

Blessings.

2 comments:

Lakeville Vertical said...

Hey stranger. Like your blog. Can't wait to read your political one. You seem to articulate what I am actually thinking and feeling. Not so good at explaining these things so thanks for being the voice in the politics world. I will have to take some time and read it all. You know I will. :)
I too have a blog but it's just about our every day life. Same background colors as you though. Have fun on your break. Later.

Teacher/Mom said...

I didn't know you had a blog. Now I've added you to the list. Can't wait to read through yours.