9/14/08

TOG Y1r U1 W7

Princess L (PreK)
Letter G
Reading: My "g" Sound Box, The Three Billy Goats Gruff, The Grouchy Ladybug, The Growing Story

Princess S (LG)
Bible: Exodus 19-40
Climbing to Good English: pgs 114-117
Handwriting: cursive capital K-P
Math U See: Beta lesson 13
SOS Science: Plant Parts 3 and quiz
Reading: Old Testament Days (excerpts), Celebrate (excerpt on Shabbat), alef-bet, Count Your Way Through Israel
(I must substitute the suggested book because the library doesn't have it and we don't have the budget to buy books. So I'm using these as they have Hebrew writing in them, which is what the suggested book is all about.)

Princess E(UG)
Bible, Handwriting and Science same as above
Growing with Grammar: 1.1 - 1.4
Math U See: Gamma lesson 6
Reading: Celebrate (excerpt on Shabbat), What the Bible is All About (excerpts), Tirzah - first third of book

I am hoping to be able to do a hands on activity this week. We are studying the Jewish custom of Shabbat, and I hope we will be able to make Challah bread. We will also be looking at the Jewish calender and perhaps working on a model of the temple that was built while the Israelites were wandering the desert for 40 years. It will be dependant on how much work Princess S gets done early on. This past week, she had a very distractible week and had to do lessons on Saturday and today, Sunday. She didn't like that one bit - neither did I - but she has to learn that lessons come before play time.

Also, Princesses E and S and I will be going with Grandma and Great Grandma to see Little House on the Prairie at the Guthrie theatre. This has been highly anticipated for a long time as Melissa Gilbert is playing Ma. Our family is a huge fan of the Little House tv series so we are hoping to get an autograph. Awana started back up last week, so we are adding in some of the verses into our school time to ensure that they get through the books in the year. Princess E is in her 2nd year of T and T, Princess S is in her 3rd year of Sparks, and Princess L is a first year Cubbie. I will be working in the nursery and bringing Princess M with me.

Blessings.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I must admit that although I looked into TOG for this year, I chickened out. I just couldn't wrap my mind around it and was afraid to dive in. But I will have 4 in school at one time in a few years and am thinking that I really should try it. Do you love it? You have 2 girls using it right now?
Hmmmm...
Andrea