7/5/11

Plans for 2011/2012 - Princess M

This will be Princess M's first official year as a student in our homeschool.   She will be a pre-K student.  We will be using the Letter of the Week curriculum.  While you can get all the downloads free from the site, it is well worth the $10 to download everything zipped and organized.  I also purchased the K4 expansion pack a while back.  I do not know how much of it we will use with Princess M this year, but I can also use it with Princess L for a fun review.  I have decided that, although I'd love to print everything out in color on heavy weight cardstock and then laminate it, it really was not cost effective to do that.  Princess M is my last student, so that would be a big investment.  If I still had one more behind, I would most certainly spend the money to make things last.  So I went through the list of activities and decided which ones really would be best in color, and which ones I could get by with B&W.  Princess M can color some of them in before we cut them out to play with.  I'm printing out all the activities I plan to use, a letter a day, until I have all that I need.  I've also gone through the list of suggested books and marked which ones I have available at our library.  I will be working with Princess M immediately after breakfast in the morning.  I plan to have some activities she can do with me and some that she will learn to do on her own for a few minutes.  She is very excited about being an official student, something that her sisters find very funny.  (I remind them that they were once excited about school as well.)  Princess M will also be a first year Cubbie at Awana this year.  I think she is most excited about that fact.  It has been a long wait for her to join in on the Wednesday night fun.  I will try to remember to take some photos of the activities and post them on a regular basis.  (I have such a hard time remembering to take pictures.)

No comments: