2/15/11

Am I Too Old For This?

Today I did something I have not done in thirteen years.  I used to do it quite a lot in my youth, and a few times as an adult.  For my kids it was their first time, and they enjoyed it.  For me, I enjoyed it, but it makes me ask myself if I'm too old for it.

The it in question would be downhill skiing.  We had the opportunity to go skiing today, and thoroughly enjoyed it.  The last time I went skiing, I has not yet a parent.  And I was a bit lighter back then, too.  Princess E and Princess S came along with us and were given a lesson.  They caught on pretty quickly.  Princess S was a bit more cautious and wanted to stick with the smallest hill most of the time.  Princess E just enjoyed shooting down the hill without any poles and (sometimes) crashing at the bottom.

As for me, it was like riding a bike.  Once I went down the first hill it all seemed to come back to me.  I did have one wipe out.  Of course, it was right in front of the girls.  I was slowing way down, but not stopping, and trying to look behind me to see where the hubby was.  Then I ran right over my own pole and found myself on my back in seconds.  The girls thought it was pretty funny.  While it didn't hurt, getting up was not nearly as easy as it used to be.  I had to straighten out and then wait for the hubs to help me up.

However, I will admit that I am dreading having to get up out of bed tomorrow morning.  I think my thighs will be in sorry shape, and my feet are quite sore already.  So I ask again, am I too old for this?

Photobucket

No comments: