2/14/11

Accountable Kids - Second Check In

I figured I should report on how this is continuing to work.  One problem is that while I don't have to remind them of each and every chore, I do have to remind them that they are to be working on their cards.  I have to say to them about every 15 minutes, "Do you have free time yet?  Are you done with your yellow chores? Your red chores?"  That hasn't gone away yet. 

The other issue that I've come across is that they are forgetting to flip their cards over when a chore is completed and then I don't check it.  If I don't check it then they cannot earn a ticket.  It's difficult to check if the bathroom quick clean was done in the morning when it is 4:00 in the afternoon.  I'm not sure yet how to combat this other than to remind them to flip over the chores when they are done. 

The final issue is that they are not completing any of the chores that they can earn money for.  So this fix is easy and will be rolled out sometime later this week.  From now on I will be assigning one of these chores to the bigger three girls each day, and they will not be earning money for them.  The opportunity to earn money will still be there as I'll only put one chore on for each day, but the other chores will continue to be hanging as an opportunity.  My hope is that eventually they will come to see that it is much more desirable to earn money for doing the chore than to simply have it assigned.

1 comment:

Homeschooling6 said...

My sister finished PLL and I was wondering if you'd like to take a look at it and give some feedback. If so can you please email me.
Thanks!
Linda<><