7/3/08

Fourth of July Plans



Today we took the kids to a really neat park called Chutes and Ladders. Go to here to see the photo better. Isn't it neat? The only problem is it is crawling with kids in the summer. Several daycare centers were there (you could tell by the yellow and blue shirts they had) as well as many other families. The girls had fun climbing and running through the water. M enjoyed all the people watching.

Tomorrow is the Fourth of July. I've always loved that holiday. I love fireworks. We've always brought our kids to see them. They slept through their first year while they were babies. My kids have never once cried at the noise. They just love the beauty of all the dancing colors. This year I'm sure will be no exception. We are going to help our church hand out Freeze-Pops at a parade. E & S should enjoy that. Of course, it's going to be hard for them to hand them out and not eat them. I may end up sitting and waiting on the sidelines with L & M. L wants to help hand them out, but I'm afraid that she's too little. There's bound to be tons of people, and she isn't real good at staying with us. Her mind wanders as she people watches and she could get left behind real easily.

I've spent the last two weeks trying to get our schedule done for the next school year. I've worked on an assignment sheet. I've gotten all of my copying done. Now I just need to get notebooks put together and we'll be ready for our first day. I had been planning to start on August 4th, but our church is having VBS that week. So now I'm leaning towards starting on July 28th and just doing half days for the first two weeks. I hope that will help alleviate all of the TOG fog I've heard so much about. The girls are not at all excited to start up school again. I picked our August 4th date to correspond with the start date for a charter school where several of their friends attend. That way I won't have to hear, "But we're the only ones in school." (For those of you who did not read my old blog, we started school right after July 4th last year so that we could take 8 weeks off when M was born in November. They hated this schedule as the neighborhood kids were not in school and could be heard playing outside.) So while not all of their friends will be in school, some will be.
Blessings.

No comments: