5/21/11

TOG Year 4 Week 36

We have one week left of this school year.  I think I blinked - it's gone already.  I have been working hard to get most of next year's stuff ready so that I can have some summer days where I'm not doing school-related work.  Most everything is done other than printing.  I usually print off all the student pages I will be using for TOG, three hole punch them, and put them in file folders by weeks.  I may do this by unit this year, as I'm not yet sure to what extent I will be including Princess L, and am not sure yet how or when I will transition Princess S up to the D level.  I've been toying with the idea of switching her for Literature first.  She can certainly handle the amount of reading and the depth of the reading.  It's the literature elements that she needs the work on.  But moving her up to Lit first I think would be easier than moving her up in both history and lit as I did with Princess E.  So, I think I may do my printing a unit at a time.

I have tentatively sold several things that I have decided against using with Princess M.  I have buyers that need to wait until the end of the month when they get paid.  Then I plan to make a few small purchases for Princess L for next year.  I am leaning towards doing the Letter of the Week Curriculum with Princess M next year.   It will mean quite a bit of printing and laminating with contact paper.  I don't know if I will print out all the activities in color.  That might get a bit pricey.  I may print some in black and white and let the girls color some of them for Princess M before I laminate them.

Here's what we did this week:

Princess E - 6th Grade - Dialectic
Contined working on a review sheet I put together to study for the year four D level exam.  She's taking her own sweet time - but she's going to have to speed up.
Science:  Lessons 17-26.  Took a quiz on Rocks and Minerals.
IEW:  We completed lesson 11 on taking notes from different sources.  They each completed three individual paragraphs.  We began lesson 12 - which is a continuation of lesson 11.  They each had to pick three sources and make a list of possible topics.  Then they had to make a KWO for three topics.  They will take these three topics and write a three paragraph essay.

Princess S - 4th Grade - UG
Growing With Grammar 4: Chapter 8.8 - Chapter 8 review
Science and IEW:  same as above
 
Princess L - K - LG
MFW First Grade: Lessons 117-123. (We will complete lesson 124 on Monday and end for the year.  She will have read through the OT in her Bible Reader.)
Calculadder:  Book 1 Level 3
Explode the Code Book Two: Finished the book

1 comment:

Our Family for His Glory said...

Sounds like everything is so well planned out... I admire your hard work! I like your idea of printing a unit at a time. Hooray that Princess M only has one more day! :)
Jessica