6/16/10

Princess E: Finishing TOG Year 2

Princess E needed much motivation to finish the year. Usually, she finds the motivation to finish her work. This year it found her. A friend invited her to her school's annual "Wax Museum" project. Each student researches a person, then they dress up as that person and stand on a stool. Parents, siblings, friends, and other classmates tour the school and press a button to hear each "wax figure" give a short one minute autobiography. Upon this invitation I saw my chance to finish out the year. So I told Princess E she may go if she finished her work for the year. It would have been a last minute crunch if I hadn't let her stay up until 10:30 to finish the night before. (I know - I'm a softie!) Here's what she did:


Latin: Exercise 16.1 to 16.12, Word Power J1-3
Math-U-See: Finish Lesson 21
Literature: Justin Morgan Had a Horse
TOG: vocab, important people copywork, geography study
Reading: Our Living Constitution (excerpts), George Washington's World (excerpts), The Struggle for Sea Power (excerpts)
Read Aloud: With Pipe, Paddle and Song

She finished her CAT testing the next day in two settings - half in the morning and half at night. I will post more another time on the decision for next year's curriculum.

No comments: