5/17/10

TOG Y2 W34

The end is near. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Summer is about to begin! We've got two weeks left, and to continue what has become our tradition, today I will give the princesses their last two weeks worth of assignments. When they are done with them, then they are done with school for this school year. (Except for our required CAT testing, that is.) I think one will be getting done a week early. The other one - let's just say she may take more time than two weeks! Here's what we did last week.

Princess E
Latin: Lesson 16.1 to 16.3, Exercise 15.8 to 15.10, Word Power I1 and I2
Math-U-See: Start Lesson 21
Literature: Johnny Tremain
TOG: vocab, important people copywork, geography study
Reading: Our Living Constitution (excerpts), George Washington's World (excerpts), The Struggle for Sea Power (excerpts)
Read Aloud: With Pipe, Paddle and Song

Princess S
Growing with Grammar: 5.12 to 5.14
Math-U-See: Start Lesson 20
Literature: Amos Fortune, Free Man
TOG: same as above
Reading: From Colonies to Country (excerpts), Shh, We're Writing the Constitution (excerpts)
Read Aloud: same as above

Princess L
MFW Kindy: Lesson 22 through Lesson 24
Math-U-See: Start Primer lesson 18


Princess M
This little princess has totally entered the "I Do It Self" stage. She is always saying that now. Of course, as is par for the course, she always wants to "do it self" when we need to be somewhere and never when I want her to "do it self". She also picked up one of my constant phrases whenever someone calls for me. "Jus a secon!" she is yelling. I guess maybe it's not the best thing to do, but I got in the habit because it lets the person know that I've heard them and will be giving them 100% attention as soon as I finish the task I am in the middle of. (This is opposed to the complete silence that the princesses give me, requiring me to continually call their name several times, which drives them nuts and they respond back, not so nicely, "I heard you the first time.") But Princess M says it back to me constantly.

I have been working hard at next year's plans. We will be skipping TOG Y3 in order to join a co-op a few towns away. Thus, we will be doing TOG Y4. I also have been looking at some other new things to fill in areas of weakness. I'm pretty excited about them, and think it will help us to jump a few hurdles. I'm working at getting all the lesson plans entered into HST+. Some I found already done and am tweaking to how I do things, others I have to do from scratch. My goal is to have everything for next year scheduled into HST+ by the end of June. Then I will have July to get all my copying done and rearrange our homeschool/living room.

No comments: